Articulate released a new authoring tool, Articulate 360, in November 2016. While launching it, Articulate released a statement and described its newest offering as — “Everything you need for course development in one convenient subscription”.
Articulate’s other popular products including Storyline 2 and 3 have been available to users via a perpetual license model. However, in departure from this pricing model, the Articulate 360 was being offered as a subscription-based service to be renewed annually.
Articulate 360 is essentially a suite of nine applications namely Storyline 360, Studio 360, Replay 360, Peek, Preso, Content Library, Articulate Review, Articulate Live and Rise. A subscription to Articulate 360 allows users to access the entire suite of 9 applications which aims to provide them with a comprehensive list of authoring tools to fulfill every requirement that arises while creating an eLearning course.
Overview of Articulate 360 subscription
Here’s a brief overview of all nine applications included in Articulate 360 subscription:
- Storyline 360 (Desktop): Storyline 360 allows you to create interactive content and responsive courses which dynamically adapt to any screen size. Its in-built player supports multiple touchscreen gestures to make it more interactive for tablets and mobile users. Users can create unlimited number of interactions and Articulate claims Storyline 360 is “simple enough for beginners, yet powerful enough for experts.” Compared to the recently released Storyline 3, Storyline 360 has additional features such as content library integration, over 1.5 million content library photos, illustrations, icons and videos and in-built review tool called Articulate Review.
- Studio 360 (Desktop) is a suite of authoring apps for Windows computers. It includes: (i) Presenter 360 which allows you to quickly create online and presentation based courses, (ii) Quizmaker 360 with which you can create dynamic quizzes, surveys and(iii) Engage 360 with the help of which users can create media-rich interactions for online courses by merely providing details in a form. Its brand new responsive player automatically displays when Studio 360 HTML5 courses are viewed on devices such as tablets and smartphones. The content adapts to size and orientation for every any mobile device.
- Preso: (iPad) Included in your Articulate 360 subscription, is Preso, which is an iPad app that lets you create informal training videos on the go. You can add text and images, import PDFs, draw annotations, record narration and highlight important content with zoom and pan gestures.
- Replay 360: (Desktop) A video-recording app for creating training videos. You can mix screencasts, video files, webcam videos, audio tracks and images with much ease. It allows you to capture screen activity and give learners a tutorial through content using your webcam video.
- Articulate Review: (Web based) A powerful collaborative review tool which allows you to review your courses with multiple stakeholders. Essentially, the review feature makes it possible to share feedback on content created via Storyline 360, Studio 360, Replay 360, Peek and Preso within one web application. It requires no downloads and team members can see multiple comments and reviews in one central location.
- Peek: (Desktop): This is intended to record screencasts/screen activity and you can customize screen recording area. Its features are reportedly similar to Replay 360, however it’s lighter and easier to use. You can upload these videos directly to ‘Articulate Review’ and by sharing a link can seek feedback on it from anyone.
- Rise: (Web based): In addition to Storyline 360’s responsive player, Rise is solely to create responsive courses with ease and Articulate claims it’s designed to be simple and user-friendly for any designer or developer to use.
- Articulate Live: Articulate is well known for its online support and user communities and by the addition of ‘Articulate Live’ to suite of applications, it takes this forward by streaming weekly webinars for learning and development professionals that include presenters who are industry experts from around the world.
- Content Library: There is an impressive selection of over 1.5 million images and professionally designed slide templates that are available to the subscriber via his subscription.